We invite you to join the Marin County Legal Professionals Association (MCLPA). Applicants must have been continuously employed in Marin County for six months or elsewhere for a continuous period of one year. Associate and Student memberships are available for those not meeting active membership requirements. Annual dues (including LPI per capita tax) for active membership are $55 for membership beginning May 1st. Our fiscal year is from May 1 to April 30, and dues for members joining after November 1 of the fiscal year are pro-rated to $42.50. Associate and Student memberships are $12.50 per year, pro-rated to $6.25 after November 1. If Associates or Students desire LPI membership, an additional $30 per capita tax is collected. Members at Large membership dues are $50 per year, payable directly to LPI (see link above).
Membership in MCLPA provides many benefits to you, including the following:
- MEMBERSHIP in Legal Professionals, Incorporated
- Bi-Monthly EDUCATIONAL MEETINGS
- NETWORKING with legal assistants and other professionals working in law
- PUBLICATIONS that keep you up-to-date about the law, court information and other news affecting the legal profession including:
- Quarterly magazine – The Legal Professional
- Legal Specialization Section quarterly newsletters (with LSS membership)
- Legal Professional’s Handbook at members’ price
- Law Office Procedures Manual at members’ price
- Legal Secretary’s Reference Guide at members’ price
- EDUCATIONAL SEMINARS with CLE
- Opportunity to participate in Legal Specialization Sections of LPI – Civil Litigation, Criminal/Family Law, Law Office Administration, Probate/Estate Planning, Federal Law, Specialty Law at members’ price
- AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- MEMBERS ONLY ACCESS to LPI and MCLPA websites
- HEALTH-CARE & FINANCIAL RELATED BENEFITS including:
- Individual and Family Medical Insurance
- Financial Planning
- Long Term Care Insurance and Planning
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plans and Mutual Funds
- Dental Plans
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- Automobile Insurance
- Retirement Investment/Estate Planning
- MISCELLANEOUS BENEFITS
- Credit Union Membership
- Working Advantage
- Hertz Corporation
We believe you will agree that no matter where you work, membership in the Marin County Legal Professionals Association will be of great benefit to you. We look forward to including you as one of our members and a participant in the Marin County legal community.
Legal Specialization Sections
Our parent organization, Legal Professionals, Incorporated, offers membership in six Legal Specialization Sections: Civil Litigation, Criminal/Family Law, Law Office Administration, Probate/Estate Planning, Federal Law, and Specialty Law. Legal Specialization Sections provide access to continuing education workshops and seminars. Membership includes access to free quarterly workshops; quarterly newsletters containing up-to-date information, including changes in the law and forms; statewide roster of all members in each section for easy access to local procedural information in other counties; and networking opportunities. The benefits of becoming a section member are:
- Reasonable annual dues (Dues to join each section are $20, or $75 to join all six sections for LPI® members. Dues for non-LPI members are $40 per section, or $150 to join all six sections.
- Frequent webinars.
- Quarterly in-person educational programs which are free to section members.
- California Certified Legal Secretary recertification credits.
- Respect from your employer when you pass on the valuable information learned at the workshops and seminars.
- Professional and personal excellence.
- All workshops and seminars provide MCLE credits.
Member at Large
You may join LPI by becoming a Member-at-Large. As a Member-at-Large, you will be eligible for the majority of benefits of membership, and are eligible to attend local association meetings and events throughout California. Complete the application and process your payment online, or mail the completed application and your check made payable to LPI for $50 to LPI’s Corporate Office. Please note that the fiscal year is May 1 through April 30. LPI does not pro rate annual dues. Approval process may take 7-10 days.