MCLPA’s parent association, Legal Professionals, Incorporated (LPI), is a nonprofit mutual benefit corporation consisting of paralegals, legal secretaries, and all law office support staff in the state of California. LPI offers a variety of programs and services. Among the objectives and purposes of LPI and its approximately 1,500 members and 37 local associations throughout the state of California are:
- To unite persons engaged or interested in any phase of legal work;
- To stimulate a high order of business and professional attainment;
- To further knowledge of law and uphold its honor and dignity;
- To help forward knowledge of educational and public affairs;
- To create a high standard of ethics among members; and
- To establish good fellowship among members and to promote the interest of legal secretaries and law office support staff.
For more information on LPI and the many educational opportunities available to its members, please visit its website at www.legalprofessionalsinc.org.